關燈 巨大 直達底部
親,雙擊螢幕即可自動滾動
第134章 卷30

was i,” helene reflected “for that atter, was louel white—pardon , lou white—and pendley tidewell”

“麥克勞林是個幸運的傢伙。”傑克說,“他會挺過來的,而且可能在他住院的時候他們會讓他清醒過來。他有很多錢,還有一個好女孩在等他,只要你能把她從監獄裡弄出來。”

“cur is a cky guy,” jake said “he’s gog to pull through, and probably they’ll ber hi up while he’s the hospital he has all kds of oney, and he has a swell girl waitg for hi as on as you can t her out of jail”

“你有我。”海倫指出。

“you have ,” helene poted out

傑克哼了一聲。“只是我和你在一起的時間不是在高架火車上就是在計程車裡。”

“jake snorted “except that the only ti i spend with you is on elevated tras or taxicabs”

“沒關係。等我們贏了那個賭注再說。”

“never d wait till we that bet”

“如果我們能贏的話。”傑克悶悶不樂地說。走了半條街後,他說:“馬龍,你覺得你的尋物啟事會有回覆嗎?”

“if we it,” jake said glooily half a block ter he said, “alone, do you suppose you’ll t any answers to your want ad?”

“至少會有十幾個,”馬龍說,“但都沒什麼用。”

“at least a dozen,” alone said, “and all of the worthless”

“你十點和邁克爾·文寧的律師有個約會。你覺得你能從他那裡瞭解到什麼嗎?”

“you have an appotnt at ten with ichael venng’s wyer do you suppose you’ll learn anythg fro hi?”

“我可能會了解到邁克爾·文寧的兇手的情況。”馬龍說。

“i ight learn about ichael venng’s urderer,” alone said

,!

“但是邁克爾·文寧還沒有被謀殺。”海倫抱怨道。

“but ichael venng hasn’t been urdered,” helene ped

“我在為未來做打算,”律師說,“今天是繼承人,明天就可能被槍殺,我總是這麼說。”

“i’ lookg out for the future,” the wyer said “heir today and guns toorrow, i always say”

傑克又嘆了口氣,然後沉默了。

jake sighed aga and was silent